Coronavirus- COVID – 19
It would appear events are moving quite quickly now and, before this week is out, the government is expected to announce that it is stepping up its response to the Coronavirus. Currently the advice issued by the Department of Education is as follows:
- You should not be unduly worried about the possibility of your child catching the Coronavirus.
- There is no reason why your child should not continue to attend school unless directed to do so by Public Health England.
- A UK wide campaign has been launched to provide clear advice on how to slow the spread of Coronavirus. Please help support the campaign which promotes basic hygiene practices, such as regularly washing hands and always sneezing into a tissue.
- As a school we have taken all necessary steps to uphold the current guidelines from the DFE.
- As you aware Public Health England has published new guidance regarding self-isolation and symptoms.
A summary of the guidance follows.
New Guidance for people with confirmed or possible Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
- If your child has symptoms of Coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, your child should stay at home and should not leave your house for 7 days from when the symptoms started.
- This action will help protect others in your community whilst your child is infectious.
- Plan ahead and ask others to help to you get the things you need for your young adult to stay at home.
- Stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
- Sleep alone, if that is possible.
- Encourage everyone in your household to wash their hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
- Stay away from vulnerable individual such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self- isolation. If the symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better than 7 days contact NHS 111. Online: http://111.nhs.uk./if you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
Thanks for your understanding and support during this very stressful and uncertain time.
Edith Eneanya- Bonito (Signed)